Date: 8.24.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 3776
Svh.buyessayonline.cloudns.cx #Self-identity definition

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Self-identity definition

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online - self-identity definition

Nov/Thu/2017 | Uncategorized

How to Buy an Essay Online - Self Identity: Theory & Definition - Video & Lesson Transcript | Study com

Nov 16, 2017 Self-identity definition,

Write My Research Paper for Me - What is Self Identity? Understand the Question "Who am I"?

apple inc essay Formerly known as Apple Computer Inc, Apple Inc. is a corporation that produces ad supplies computer s, electronics and computer software. Definition. Apple Inc. situated in Cupertino, California is a multinational corporation founded in the year 1976 by Steve Jobs and incorporated in the year 1977 on January 3 (DePamphilis 2011). Apple Inc. products include the economics definitions, Mac that is a successful line of computers. It produces other electronics such as the iPod, iPad and the iPhone. The company is famous for developing software such as the iOS operating system and self-identity definition the OS X. browsers such as the ITunes widely uses in the iPod and recording the Mac Computers to stream and download software, songs, music videos and definition games. Economics Definitions. Other web browsers developed by Apple Inc. include the Safari web browser, the iWork and self-identity definition iLife. The company is the third largest company involved in phone manufacture. It is the most admired company all over the globe and in the United States where it has its roots. With over Inequality: Pretense Essay, 390 retail stores, the company is the self-identity, largest company in the world when regarding market capitalization (DePamphilis 2011).

The company employs well over 72000 full time employees that are permanent and dissociative identity disorder movies more than 3000part time employees across the self-identity definition, world. The company recorded a massive 156 billion dollars in annual revenue. One key initiative the company plans to Pretense or Presence? work on is the repurchase program that commenced on September 2012. This initiative program will occur over the next three years (Lu?sted 2012). Apple Inc. will initiate a dividend of 2.65 dollars per self-identity definition share in the quarters of all fiscal years. This will commence a 10 billion dollar share repurchase program. The primary goal of this is to neutralize dilution impact from and becky, equity grants for future employees and the stock purchase plan (Lu?sted 2012. The company will spend a total of 45 billion dollars in definition dividend combination and share repurchase over the next three years. Over the identity, next three years, the company plans to increase research and self-identity definition development projects. Other plans include opening new stores across the world to reach new customers.

Acquisition of new stores will occur in the same period. The company plans to increase expenditures in managerial economics capital and self-identity the supply chain in all major stores. According to Lu?sted (2012), the company will initiate research and developmental activities across the world in a move to look for new markets. Steve Jobs prepared blueprints for Inequality: Pretense or Presence? updates on the iPod, iOS and the MacBook. Steve Job wanted the company to self-identity play a crucial role in the advancement of recording technology as he was overseeing the self-identity, development of Punishment in the Essay iCloud. Self-identity Definition. The company plans to continue on this initiative following the demise of Steve Jobs. In The Milgram Obedience. Elements of self-identity definition administrative law. The most relevant elements of recording example administrative law that will be relevant in self-identity the initiatives planned by Apple Inc. will be; the managerial, administrative agency involved in definition the formulation of the Milgram Essay, initiatives will derive its authority and power from the legislative body (Shaw 2011). This will give the administrators power to continue with plans to self-identity definition commence with its plans that it has set out in the coming years. A judicial commission will review the administrative body to check if the and becky thatcher, company has complied with the standards set by the statutory delegation of definition powers (Bose 2008).

This will enable the shareholders not to Inequality: Essay be defrauded. The laws set out by the legislature affects the self-identity definition, management and tom sawyer thatcher the organization of a business. According to Bose (2008), this brings effective management and realization of the goals that it has set out in the future. The initiatives of Apple Inc. successfully occur if the company adheres to the set rules and self-identity definition regulations formulated and enacted by the legislature. The company benefits on its ability to process recording follow the self-identity, standard set out. Investors and shareholders invest in Music History of the corporations that adhere to rules and regulations set by self-identity, the government of the country. Effective administration for the initiatives of the tom sawyer and becky, company made as long as the definition, company follows suit with the administration laws of the country. These laws will enable cases of fraud in the company to reduce as there is transparency in the decision-making process. Decisions made as a team and tom sawyer thatcher not left for self-identity one person to make (Bose 2008). This leads to effective decision-making.

Compliance to the legislative body will enable the company to carry out Pretense or Presence? Essay its transactions and self-identity definition business deals with ease. This results to no broken law because the History Essay, company follows the rules and definition regulations set. Effective leadership in the forthcoming increases the process recording, companys chances of remaining a top player in the business. Delegation of powers to the executive makes this so. Taking into definition, consideration the initiatives that the company plans to school argument essay achieve over definition, the next three years, Apple Inc has to stick to some e-commerce laws.

The Uniformed Commercial Code (U.C.C) requires the company to economics definitions comply with the proper ways of selling and definition the lease of good computer equipment included (Shaw 2011). Music History Of The Twentith Century. The Uniform Electronic Transaction Act (U.E.T.A) requires that Apple Inc. meet the terms that the definition, law stipulates. This law concerns with business, governmental matters and commercial matters in Music of the Twentith conducting transactions by electronic means. Self-identity. The relevant authority requires Apple, Inc. to meet to Pretense or Presence? terms with the U.C. Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (E-Sign Act). The company should ensure the self-identity, legality of the contracts entered electronically and genetics psychology where incorporation of self-identity electronic signatures occurs. Apple, Inc. plans to open up and acquire new stores across the globe.

The main products in the stores are Ipods, Iphones and the Ipad. Genetics. The company should adhere to self-identity the licensing laws that require that all products licensed and the copyrights given to the company by the appropriate authorities. Identity Disorder. This bars other companies from reproducing the product. According to Shaw (2011), he licensing law requires the self-identity, electronic devices do not cause any serious health problems to the users. The law requires licencing of electronic devices and Pretense Essay certified that they belong to Apple Inc. Apple Inc. Self-identity Definition. should license the new stores to avoid closure by the authorities.

The company has to be strict in its plans to achieve the desired goals. It has to ensure that all the administrators are doing their work with the in the Milgram Essay, utmost professionalism and maximum efficiency. All employees should work and act accordingly with minimum room for errors. Self-identity Definition. The company must observe privacy protection at all times. The company must ensure no lawsuits affect the company that might cost it millions if not billions in its revenue. Behavioral Psychology. The company should be ready for cases of self-identity definition product liability. Identity Disorder. The company should design and develop products that will not cause injuries to self-identity definition those who use them. Apple Inc should avoid infringing the copyrights of other computer based programs and dissociative identity disorder devices to avoid lawsuits. Definition. The company should develop unique designs for recording example its products and not steal other companys designs and models.

Bose, D. C. (2008). Definition. Business law. And Becky Thatcher. New Delhi: PHI Learning. DePamphilis, D. (2011). Mergers, Acquisitions, and self-identity definition Other Restructuring Activities: An Integrated Approach to Music History Essay Process, Tools, Cases, and Solutions. Self-identity Definition. Burlington: Elsevier Science. Lu?sted, M. Process Example. A. (2012). Self-identity Definition. Apple: The company and its visionary founder, Steve Jobs. Minneapolis, MN: ABDO Pub.

Shaw, W. Music History Twentith Century. H. Definition. (2011). Business ethics. Boston, MA: Wadsworth/Cengage Learning. Are you looking for process a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of self-identity experienced writers is on tom sawyer, standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed.

This is the self-identity definition, perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.

Order Essay and Get It on Time - Self Identity: Theory & Definition - Video & Lesson Transcript | Study com

Self-identity definition

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers - Self-identity - Definition for English-Language Learners from Merriam

Write My Essay Online for Cheap - Self and Identity - USC Dornsife

How to definition Write an Artists CV When You Dont Have Much (Or Any!) Professional Experience. The post How to Write an Artist CV in 10 Steps is the most popular in the history of The Practical Art World. Some of the most frequently asked questions people have after reading it are What if I dont have an process exhibition history? or What if I didnt go to school? For new and emerging artists, creating an self-identity artists CV can be a bit of a Catch 22. And Becky? You dont have much or any experience to put on self-identity your CV, but to behavioral genetics apply for experience in the form of exhibitions, grants, and schooling, you are asked to provide a CV. Fortunately, there are ways to tailor what relevant experience you have into self-identity an artists CV format. Just remember: dont lie, and History Essay, dont make up anything that doesnt exist. Just tell the truth, shaping it a little (creatively its what you do best, right?) into the established CV format. If you havent already read How to Create an Artists CV in 10 Steps, start there. Below are suggestions which elaborate on some of the points, aimed specifically at definition professionalizing the example CV of an artist who has yet to gain, appropriately, professional experience as an artist. Refer to point 1 in self-identity definition the original article.

As I mentioned, many established artists keep this section quite short. However, if you dont have a lot of other material and experiences to add to the rest of the tom sawyer and becky thatcher CV, this is a good opportunity to tell your reader about yourself. Adding a very brief bio / artist statement can be good if you would like to talk about experiences which dont fit into the rest of the CV. If you are going to do this, just remember to definition keep it brief and concise. DONT oversell yourself: you will look like a professional, dedicated emerging artist if you are honest. You will look desperate if you pretend to be something you are not. Example of process recording bad contact details:

Sometimes called the self-identity worlds most famous artist. Email me! fancypants@yahoo.com Example of good contact details. Currently lives and works in Paris, France. Refer to point 2 in the original article. Many emerging as well as professional artists are self-taught, and yet for some reason the education section of a CV tends to be intimidating for all but those who have a Masters degree. It doesnt have to be that way. DONT list any education on your CV that doesnt explicitly link to your art career (like your degree in behavioral genetics psychology biology). Example of self-identity definition a good education history, for Punishment in the those who did not attend art school or university. Example of self-identity definition a bad education history, for those who did not attend art school or university.

One hour workshop with Lynne McLaughlin. Informal classes with Tom Backlund. Has received feedback from Geoff Parker. Bachelor of Science, Biology major. One way to add exhibitions to Music History of the Century your CV is to self-identity list any which are forthcoming. If youve got something lined up, its perfectly acceptable to include it on your CV before its happened. Just add (forthcoming) to each exhibition which hasnt actually happened yet.

Another trick for plumping up your exhibition history is a little bit cheeky. I realized this loophole when I saw some site-specific installations on a CV. After a little digging, I realized that the artworks were installed guerrilla-style. Punishment In The Obedience? In other words, someone made art and put it somewhere without invitation or the self-identity formal facets of a traditional exhibition. Im all for this idea, as long as it doesnt involve breaking laws or damaging property. Its a great idea to show your artwork (though, you might not be able to get it back), and certainly an Obedience Experiment Essay artistic project that can be added to your CV under your exhibition history. Just make sure you classify it properly, as to not mislead anyone! DONT make anything up.

Example of definition a good exhibition list. 2012 Site-specific installation, Alleyway , Vancouver, BC. Example of a bad exhibition list. Refer to point 5 from the original article. If you are an new or emerging artist, you probably do not have your work in any public collections. Luckily, its fair game to list anyone who owns your work, including people to whom you have gifted your artwork. Collectors who own your work are normally listed on your CV as Private collection, followed by their location. You should not actually name someone unless they have explicitly agreed to be listed as a collector of your work, and / or if you have some other reason to do so (for example, they are a very well-known collector). DO make a list of people who own your work, even if they didnt actually purchase it; most of these you can convert to tom sawyer and becky thatcher Private collection, followed by location. DONT put your Moms name on self-identity definition the list, or anyone with the same last name as you.

DONT list a city more than once if more than one person owns your work there. Example of tom sawyer thatcher a good collection list. Example of self-identity definition a bad collection list. FINALLY, IF YOU HAVE AN ESPECIALLY SHORT CV AND THINGS ARE LOOKING DESPERATE. You can think of some creative ways to recording example visually enhance your CV:

Include an definition image of your artwork (not usually recommended, but between that and the blank page, one image is better). Center your text with large margins. Yes, this is cheating when youre writing an Punishment in the Obedience essay. But if you do it properly, you can make your CV look visually planned and self-identity definition, striking. Include an artist statement and CV on one single page. Often these are asked for separately, but if you are able to combine them, its a great way to process make your presentation look great. 69 thoughts on “ How to Write an Artists CV When You Dont Have Much (Or Any!) Professional Experience ” I just LOVE your informative post, Fantastic advice!!

Ill be coming to read this again for self-identity sure. Have a lovely day. God Bless. Nice. Always a pleasure to read a well thought out thatcher, post. Hello, Im an emerging artist writing a CV.

Your article has been very helpful, but I have one question. I am an assistant for self-identity definition two artists one well-known in psychology my area and self-identity definition, one very well-known in the larger art world. Punishment In The Milgram Obedience Essay? I would like to include this work experience in my CV somewhere. The local artist is a semi-paid position and self-identity, the well-known artists is unpaid. Recording? While they are not exactly my mentors, I did take on these positions in order to gain experience in definition the art world and learn about how to be a professional artist. I believe it would be helpful to have their names on my CV and I am very proud of my work with them. Where would you recommend putting these entries, if at all? Hi Bekah, I think its a great idea to add these to your CV.

You can create your own heading, Assistant-ships, or something similar to list them under. Music History Twentith? I think it gets the definition point across that you are gaining experience, while still not explicitly naming them your mentors. Definitely include this! I would put it under the heading Professional experience or even just a sentence saying something along the lines of: Assistant to: Damien Hirst (2004 present), Anthony Gormley (2002) A lot of young and emerging artists do not have a lot of exhibitions to add to their CVs but it is worthwhile remembering art-related work (paid or unpaid) which was not directly related to your own practice, such as assisting other artists, or invigilation, volunteering etc. This is a nice blog youve got going! I am always impressed by genetics people who show dedication to their passions and to their craft. Definition? Your blog reminds me of genetics psychology a women who is currently offering a very unique service by showcasing her skills in self-identity spray-painting. I implore anyone and everyone to click the following link to Punishment Milgram Obedience Experiment Essay see what she has to offer #128578; Hey thank you very much for this help, i really need it!

Questions : In the exhibitions should i also include the title or something else than Group exhibition, location, date? My problem is that i had to much shows in one gallery and definition, it looks a little repeating!! Thanks #128512; Hi, its good to include the dissociative identity disorder title of the show if there is one. Very helpful for the self-taught emerging artist! Thank you! How should I include online features? I have several features (interview, review, portfolio) online, how should I refer to them?

Also, what to do with features/interviews that are not in self-identity English (Im from Germany), should I include them as well? Online features are great to include. You could list the German pieces with their German titles, and include english translations in brackets if you see fit (but its not absolutely necessary). and additional question under which category should I put online features? bibliography, publications or something like selected press? thanks for process example your help. so glad i found this!! #128578; just a question though what do you think of the more creative resumes/cvs? the ones where it practically looks like an artwork itself? I personally think it should look clean, readable, and not too unconventional then again, it probably depends on self-identity where you are submitting it! I have a business background, no artistic experience (at all), but a promising submission. Identity Movies? What should I do?

I enter a lot of juried online art shows. How does one show these on a CV. Checking my blog kenben.org will give you examples in my about me. Thank you for the great ideas for us beginners. Id like to get a little clarification on self-identity exactly what constitutes an exhibition. I have had work for sale in several different galleries over the course of several years, but it doesnt seem like thats what is meant to tom sawyer thatcher be included under the EXHIBITIONS heading. Self-identity Definition? I have had my work in a few short term shows (not in galleries), and Ive also just been juried in to Milgram Experiment Essay show my work at an important gallery.I think those probably do qualify as EXHIBITIONS, but its just a gut feeling. Could you please give us some guidance as to what qualifies as an EXHIBITION. For example, does it have to self-identity definition be in a gallery or does a bunch of artists getting together to put on a show count?

Does it have to be a juried show or is it OK to Music of the Twentith Century count shows where they let pretty much anyone in? Does it need to be short term in nature, like a week or a month, or does having your work in a gallery for five years count, and if so, what do you list for the date of the self-identity definition exhibition? Whenever your work is exhibited, that is an exhibition. I dont know if there is one true definition, but thats what I think! I also think it is an acceptable rule of thumb for your CV. If you have work on exhibit for a long period of time, I would suggest saying ongoing for the date. This is one of the best, and tom sawyer and becky, easiest articles to understand,I would refer you to everyone.Thank you. Thank you for such awesome and informative articles! I was invited to apply for an artist in residence program (it was invitation only), and I was a finalist but I did not get the residency. I feel proud to self-identity definition be invited, should I add this to my resume?

Certainly you should! Just make sure that it is behavioral, worded in such a way to make clear that you didnt actually complete the residency. This is super helpful, thank you! I had a question though, I am trying to self-identity put together a CV [I am mainly an abstract painter] and I do have some experience and exhibitions to tom sawyer thatcher list but not a huge amount. Definition? I do however have a small business making artisanal jewelry out of sterling silver cutlery. Through this I have had some press and many juried shows.

Should I include some of recording that in self-identity definition my CV as well? Or just focus on of the Twentith the painting side? I would include this on your CV, as it is part of definition your artistic experience. You dont have to differentiate between the two mediums or state what kind of work you showedyou can just list all the exhibitions together. Likewise with press.

Im kind of wondering the same thing as the business person in a reply a few posts up. I have a masters degree in something that has absolutely nothing to Inequality: Pretense or Presence? Essay do with art. I never took any formal art classes beyond high school, either. What Ive learned about art is from (lots of) reading and doing. I feel like Im creating a body of work that is relevant and has plenty to say, but my only meaningful exposure is a reasonably active Instagram account that is slowly, but steadily gaining followers. (I have a dA account, too, but that ones not getting much action.) Moreover, for personal reasons that Id rather not get into here, I want to remain as anonymous as possible for now, and I would really like my work to just speak for itself. Am I just screwed, or do you have any ideas on definition how I should go about this? Thanks very much.

This is very helpful as Im getting ready to submit works for an upcoming arts festival. Disorder Movies? Im using your ideas of naming instructors and definition, private collections, A question I am self-taught, however, I grew up in Inequality: or Presence? Essay a family of artists and writers, such that being around paint and self-identity, other materials is second nature to me. Identity Disorder? I also plan on enrolling in school with the definition goal of obtaining a studio art degree from a local college. Should I somehow note these points on the bio/CV? Thanks.

Hey Thank you for Pretense or Presence? this great article. I have a question to ask you what if I have many art awards because I joined art competition since I was 12, how should I selected them to put on CV should I put them all?? or only the award I got recently?? Ive just graduated in art major so Im very new to the real art world outside. Should I select only the 1st prize or was a winner? I would suggest putting the most recent awards, as well as the largest or the ones with the most exposure. You dont need to definition put them all, just the of the Century Essay ones which seem most relevant to definition your current practice. You can include awards where you were recognized but were not the identity disorder movies winner, just make sure to indicate. This is definition, extremely helpful. Thank you. Echoing the long line of tom sawyer thatcher thank yous for this and self-identity definition, a quick question Im primarily trying to Punishment in the Essay promote myself as a painter and self-identity definition, illustrator, however I work full time as essentially a creative director and Pretense or Presence?, graphic designer and while I think I probably should include it because its in a creative field and it relates, Im not sure how much to include and what to self-identity definition talk about.

This is very helpful! I wonder how best to show my education, I went to University for my BFA but did not complete my degree? I got extremely close but had to tom sawyer and becky stop for definition financial reasons. hi there all again. Behavioral Genetics Psychology? Do you possibly have another useful blog like this about writing artists bios by any chance?! Thanks for the idea, this could happen in self-identity the future! Thanks for the great information I am an emerging artist one of my primary mediums is blacksmithing. I have done demonstrations as a member of the local blacksmith guild at our states agricultural fair. How would I reflect this on my CV. I also had my work on dissociative disorder movies display/for sale in an attached shop how should I reflect that on self-identity my CV? You could make a heading called Demonstrations and include the info about the agricultural fair.

If the works were on tom sawyer and becky display, you could list that under Exhibitions. Hello there! This blog is wonderful and this post has been most helpful. My query: I sold one of my photographs to self-identity definition a large, well-known company for use in History Twentith Essay a film, and I feel like I should list this but am unsure under what heading. Thanks for your help and definition, time in replying. You could list this under Collections as the psychology well-known company is now the self-identity definition owner of the work. Side note: since the piece was in or Presence? Essay a movie, its not a secret that they own it. Definition? If they had bought it for private display or collection, it would be best not to list them by name unless they have given you permission to share their information.

This blog post has been very useful indeed, thank you. I have a question relating to private commissions, I am a digital artist so technically no physical copy of the end product exists and as such, Im unsure as to History of the whether I could list them under collections. I have done some commercial pieces recently but most of definition my work is commissioned for personal use how would you list this kind of experience on a CV? Its remarkable in support of in the Essay mee to have a site, which is beneficial designed for my knowledge. Thanks so much for this.

It was a life saver! I am president of my local art guild. Is that ok to have on definition the CV and if so, where should I put it? Wao! This is great infoi am an abstract surealist n hv been wondering hw to creat a great artist CV n dis is incrediblethanx alot. I was wondering if its appropriate to put in dissociative identity the pictures of the works you had done for an artist in self-identity definition your portfolio. I have been working for an artist and had been doing many of Inequality: or Presence? Essay his art works. Do let me know before I request him for pictures of the work. thank you for this.

Hello, I am going to be selling some of my work at an art market and wanted to self-identity include this on my CV. Where would this fit under? Also, just to clarify on and becky thatcher the collections point-is it okay to put more than one from the same state(or county in England). Thank you very much. What if my only exhibition was a senior show in highschool? And I have attended two colleges, do I put both of them in? Thank you so much,I hv recently moved to a different country,and as a young emerging self taught artist,I have been having difficultie marketing myselfthanks again.

Thank you for this its so useful. One question: Can I include favorable reviews in my CV? I am self taught jewlery maker and have exhibited in a few shows but I also have a regular stall in a local makers market. How do I incorporate my stall into my CV, and self-identity, also local shops that stock my jewellery? Should I? and what about History of the Century Essay previous stockists? Reblogged this on self-identity definition Cricketswool and commented: Im entering the Ellarslie Open in Trenton NJ and for the first time encountered a request to submit an artists resume along with my work. This led me to disorder movies a post on self-identity definition The Practical Art World. I highly recommend this blog and especially this post to all artists. hi there, thank all of you very much to share your experience. im a self-taught painter and example, not much art training. i had a bachelor in acting from a national academy, should i include in my cv under the education? thank you a lot in advance best regards berkeley.

I have an interesting situation. I started out as a fine artist in the 80s. Then I veered off and self-identity, became very successful as an behavioral psychology illustrator. Then I took off a decade to be an self-identity definition actor. I came back to Century illustration at self-identity definition the turn of century and had lots of success. Dissociative Identity Disorder Movies? About four years ago, I quit illustration and came back to fine art. I instantly won a bunch of awards at high profiles competitions. Ive sold and still sell a tremendous amount of work on my own and through an agent in Germany. Ive always avoided gallery representation like the self-identity plague, but Im evolving on that.

All of a sudden Im getting interest from several representational galleries. Im given speaking engagements and thatcher, workshops. And everyone wants a CV. Problem is that though Ive been doing art for a long time, my CV doesnt look like much and self-identity definition, I cant remember much of genetics my winnings and exhibitions over the years, let alone who owns my work. Should I be putting in my illustration accolades too? I feel a bit like a fraud. What should I do? You have no idea how this helped me! Your post was so easy to follow and had such good examples. Definition? Although I really have very little to put in my resume, your tips helped me make it look decent!

Thank you! Very helpful the comments too. Tom Sawyer Thatcher? Thank you for adding that part about guerilla art. Self-identity Definition? As a new installation artist (Ive had two exhibitions now!) most of my art work was created guerilla style, but I plan to Pretense only add one very large piece I did in my CV. Definition? As you say, dont OVER play it.

Thank you again for this. Writing the CV is putting a knot in my stomach. You helped me break it down simplify it. I think I can actually manage it now. #128578;

Buying essays online - Self-identity dictionary definition | self-identity defined - YourDictionary

Best Custom Essay Writing Service Online For Cheap - Self Identity: Theory & Definition - Video & Lesson Transcript | Study com

20 Smart Ways to Generate More Leads for Your Business. Self-identity Definition? Forget about your product for a second. Of The Twentith Century Essay? You can jazz it up, tie it in a pretty little bow and offer it at the best price But none of this matters . Even with the best product in the world, your business is doomed to fail if no one knows about it. Doomed to join the growing number of startups that crash and burn in their first 5 years. Those with the most leads win.

Simple. If you generate more leads, but have an average product you still win . Because leads means more revenue. And revenue means more profit (most of the time). Let#8217;s unpack 20 smart ways you can generate more leads for your business right now. Direct customer engagement should one of definition your top priorities. In The Milgram Experiment Essay? Most businesses choose to go with in-direct engagement such as FAQs. This is not the self-identity definition, most effective way to engage. Direct engagement, on the other hand, makes use of live chat, forums and help centers where customer service representatives are present all the tom sawyer thatcher, time to make sure every query is handled properly. More engaged customers results in better word-of-mouth and more leads.

2. Deploy outbound inbound marketing. According to the stats, outbound marketing is still more effective than inbound marketing. But, it doesnt mean that you forget about inbound marketing. Look to deploy both approaches in a balanced manner as this will be helpful in generating leads and eventually your business. Self-identity? From an inbound perspective personalize your email communication and get active in online communities by regularly sharing informative content, as well as solving common customer problems. Identity Disorder Movies? This will help you establish healthy relationships with your customers and build more leads. New technology sets the trend in the market.

For example, smartphones are trending all over the world. Subsequently, most people access their mail or browse websites through smartphones or tablets; this shows that the you should invest in making your marketing efforts compatible with these devices, allowing you to reach the maximum amount of customers. Self-identity? In a nutshell, you should keep an eye on emerging technology and recording example, channels through which you can get more leads for your business. Twitter is not only a social networking website, but also a source of potential leads for your company. Self-identity? With the tom sawyer, help of Followerwonk , you can analyze aspects such as; information about followers, at what time your followers tweet, etc., so that you can reach the audience that is definition, associated with your niche. And Becky Thatcher? Followerwonk helps you find influencers and connect with them. It also has a great interface. Definition? 5. Develop optimize informative content. It is undeniable that content can be a great source of the web traffic which will result in more leads. But it needs to be informative. High quality content can be an asset for you as it attracts traffic to your website well beyond its publish date.

Try to in the Milgram Essay, include images, video and infographics to self-identity definition, increase share counts and engagement. If possible, include images with your Tweets, they have a way of making things more interesting and process, engaging to definition, your customers. Psychology? Plus, use hashtags so your content is easier to find. The more often you are found, the more leads you will get. Data.Com is a huge database where you can find potential leads for your business. It maintains a list of definition companies with accurate contact information, so that in minimum time you can identify relevant leads. As Data.com provides an extensive set of data instantly, it can contribute around a 25% increase in sales. As we all know, LinkedIn is a business-centric social networking website. Tom Sawyer? It can prove to be a great platform for bringing new clients to your business too. LinkedIn also allows users to publish content to an already engaged audience. What about a tool for getting more leads?

Drip is an application that offers marketing automation through the form of a well-designed popup, email marketing and more. Self-identity? You can collect the information of your prospective customers and turn them into genuine leads on auto pilot. Inequality:? Quora is a Question Answer based social networking site with millions of people from different demographics posting daily questions. If you answer enough questions of users, they will spot your profile and most likely check out your website. Definition? Writing comments on blogs can be helpful in getting your name out there and eventually generating leads. Be helpful and generous with your comments and people will want to see what you have to offer. Guest blogging can be helpful for lead generation but only when the following aspects are properly implemented: Articles have relevant information for Music of the Century the audience.

You send people back to an appropriate landing page on your site The post possesses unique information You actively promote the post to leverage social proof The site you choose to blog for definition is well respected by your audience. Email marketing features the concept of direct engagement. While developing email content to generate leads, you need to take into the account the following: Subject line: The subject line must be enticing so that it makes the recipient want to Music History of the, read the content. The subject line should address the problems that your potential leads are generally facing. Concise : The content of the self-identity definition, email should be concise, brief and engaging. Incorporate social media : Integrate social media links in Punishment Milgram Obedience Experiment Essay your emails, so that the readers can easily be redirected to your social media page. Embed images : An image can speak more than 1000 words; thus, it is a good idea to embed images as well as text in your emails. ( Hint: Try to self-identity definition, include lightweight images, so that email content loads faster) Integrate a call-to-action button: CTAs are most effective at the top half of the psychology, email. Make your email signature effective by embedding a link that redirects the reader to self-identity definition, relevant content.

With the help of process recording link integration, the chance of maximum web traffic flow towards your content will be higher. Definition? If you implement HTML coding in your emails, make sure to test it on and becky, all the platforms to make sure that everything is working fine. Self-identity Definition? Depending on your audience, but many statistics suggest that people spend more time on game apps rather than reading blogs. Seeing people are active, it may be possible to use a game app to bring leads to Essay, your business. But, it can only be possible, if you build a creative game that can directly shift the web traffic towards your business. This can be quite an definition expensive adventure especially if you are offering the app for free but it will definitely add a unique element to your marketing efforts. Punishment In The Obedience? Forums are the perfect place to get to definition, know your customers more intimately. The better you know your customers, the easier it is to thatcher, contact them with a potential offer. Self-identity Definition? Be active on forums, share your views with the Inequality: Pretense or Presence?, members and answer their questions. Self-identity Definition? Reach out to genetics, influencers who your customers respect and interview them for your blog or social channels. Keep it as simple as possible by asking short/sharp questions, and then ask them to share the final product.

Your potential customers will see this as proof of your credibility and increase your chance of definition attracting new leads. YouTube is not just a video hosting service, it#8217;s a massive search engine. It is more popular than any other social media platform like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. As compared to and becky, other social networking platforms, all the posts remain there for a very long time. Thus, this is the best channel for sending referral web traffic in self-identity definition the long-term. Music History Twentith Century? This platform enables the you to create and maintain your own channel where you can share videos regarding particular events, imperative tutorials and other things.

This will help you standout from your competitors and attract more leads to self-identity, your business. Music Twentith Century Essay? 19. Offer a free software tool on your site. If you can offer an easy-to-use software tool on your site, for free, it will build trust with your audience. An example is the website analyzer available on Neil Patel#8217;s blog Quick Sprout.

More trust inevitably means more leads. Posting a quiz to your blog can make your content engaging and draw more attention from an online audience. In fact, it can easily entice the readers to self-identity definition, share their feedback about your blog and article. This will also help you establish a stronger relationship with your audience and get more leads in the long term. There is a free tool called QuickBox that helps you create a quiz in a few easy steps and publish it on your blog. Or Presence? Essay? Guest Author: Ritu Singh is a online marketing specialist at Better Graph. Her contribution to informative blog and article articulating seamless strategy in definition terms of deploying effective SEO, bringing leads and managing online reputation is being praised by various SEO experts and marketer from all around the world. A Beginner#8217;s Guide To Local Marketing: How To Use Location To Your Advantage. Behavioral Genetics? Why Marketing Your Business Offline Could Be What You Need To Get Ahead.

5 Prime Examples Of Brands Who Use Their Blogs To Increase Business. The 6 Biggest Obstacles Youll Face When Starting A New Business. This is What The Successful Smart Entrepreneurs are Focusing On. This is a great resource, Ritu. If someone was serious enough they could just focus on this one complete article alone daily.

In fact this extensive list of self-identity definition things to do could not even be done fully in one day! Again thanks for taking the of the Twentith Century, time to write an in self-identity depth review of lead generation. Informative and easy to understand very timely for me too! Thanks for this excellent article. This article is vary useful for me .nice article. Process Recording Example? Interesting tips. I feel all these marketing efforts takes a potential customer to the website, and thus I feel that having an interactive and self-identity, engaging website is dissociative identity, important.

Websites have a good navigation, clear CTA and effective user interface. Managing these factors is not a huge task and can be done effortlessly with the help of enterprise web content management solutions like Sitefinity CMS, WordPress etc. The article is effective and descriptive for Online Lead Generation. Thanks for self-identity definition sharing! I am searching for leads for my startup company. Because leads means more revenue. And revenue means more profit. The article is of the Century, effective and descriptive for Online Lead Generation. Thanks for sharing! It#8217;s a great information, I like to read. Definition? This blog provides very useful information about generating leads for the business.

These steps are really excellent and and becky, amazing which will be really helpful for the business people in generating leads. Leadboxer is only B2B. Great article with very useful tips.You can always take help of self-identity definition lead generation software.I have used few like SalesLoft, AeroLeads, datanyze etc, and they have been quite beneficial to me. Check them out, these have free trial too. I have found this article helpful#8230;.thank you so much#8230;Great article..

It#8217;s a amazing article about how to get more query for psychology your business. Thanks for sharing.

Online Cheap Custom Essay - Self-identity dictionary definition | self-identity defined - YourDictionary

Custom Academic Paper Writing Services - Self-identity | Define Self-identity at Dictionary com

erotic essay Sex and Sexuality in Islam. by Muslim Women's League. Even though it comprises only part of our identities, the sexuality of women represents so much more; such that women's sexuality has been viewed as something to be controlled, hidden, or mastered, most often by men. Through the ages, sexuality has an self-identity impact on one's identity, self-esteem, relationships with others, societal mores, legal codes and so on. Behavioral Genetics Psychology! If sexual behavior simply existed to allow for procreation, so much controversy and fascination would have no reason to exist. Unfortunately, in many societies and for many years women have been principally defined by self-identity, their roles as sexual beings whose chief purpose is to satisfy men's sexual needs; this perception contributed to maintaining women in positions of inferiority and often subservience to men.

Even today, women are singled out as sex objects, either as victims of rape or willing participants in industries such as advertising or pornography, that exploit women's sexuality. In The Milgram Obedience Experiment! The purpose of this chapter is to explore important issues of self-identity, sexuality from an Islamic point of view in an effort to expose demeaning cultural habits which have no basis in Islam, and to offer alternative understandings of these issues based on the primary sources of Qur'an and Hadith. The view of sexuality as taboo and shameful is by no means unique to any particular religious or ethnic group. The Victorian era in England and the US(late 19th century) was characterized by such a strong inhibition of sexuality that was subsequently blamed for psychological problems seen in Music History of the Twentith Century Essay women by psychiatrists such as Sigmund Freud. Breaking free from the oppressiveness of that era was an important goal for women through most of the 20th century since the self-identity, prevailing attitudes were not confined to sexual issues as women were denied many other essential human rights. Punishment In The Obedience! Laila Ahmed addresses some of the misogynistic conditions and beliefs that preceded Islam in the Mediterranean area, heavily influenced by Jewish and Christian thinking at self-identity definition that time(6th and 7th centuries). She points out the church's attitude on abortion and of the, contraception . formed part of a broader negative ethos concerning the body and sexuality -- a sense of self-identity definition, these as sinful and shameful and of sexuality as legitimate only for procreation. women were evidently perceived as innately more implicated in physicality and sexuality than men. (Women and Gender in Islam, p.35) Unfortunately, a similar view of women has been adopted by recording example, some Muslims and may actually be rooted in the cultural values which existed when Islam was introduced.

Human sexual development goes through several well-defined stages. Self-identity! Throughout growth, opportunities exist to teach children about their bodies, to inculcate values and attitudes, and most importantly to foster self-esteem. The success or failure (as determined by a woman's overall understanding and value of Essay, herself as well as her ability to maintain a satisfying relationship) can be determined by prevailing attitudes of the family and surrounding culture. Sexual development occurs throughout the life-cycle, beginning in infancy and childhood. Self-identity Definition! The healthy progression from one stage of identity disorder, development to the next is dependent upon definition, fulfillment of basic requirements at each stage. Twentith Essay! For example, an infant must develop trust that the self-identity definition, caregiver will consistently respond to her cries before she can safely venture into the world and test the budding independence of toddlerhood. The ultimate achievement is the development of an intact, secure adult with a high sense of tom sawyer, self-esteem and self-worth.

If a girl is constantly being told that she is naughty, shameful, stupid or ugly, she will come to believe it and obviously have low self-esteem which will interfere with relationships, school, work and self-identity definition, so on. Or Presence?! This illustration in general terms introduces the argument that cultural habits which teach girls excessive shame breed guilt and reinforce a negative self-image contributing to low self-esteem and even dysfunctional sexual lives. This stage of development has been referred to as the latent stage in Freudian terms. It was felt that between early childhood and puberty children had no interest in their or others sexuality; they are essentially dormant in this regard until hormonal changes signal the self-identity definition, onset of puberty. However, this argument has been challenged by other experts in the field. Regardless of psychological theories, certain facts must be considered about children at this age. They are developing mentally and as such are often extremely curious about themselves, others, animals and so on. This is a good time to reinforce concepts of cleanliness, privacy and self-respect and to begin to teach them about sexuality and process recording example, reproduction in an age appropriate manner. Some girls will start menstruating as early as age nine and should be prepared ahead of time by self-identity definition, frank and open discussions with their parents. For many girls, the most significant thing to happen during this time is the onset of menstruation. If a girl has not been prepared for this event, the sight of the first few drops of behavioral, blood can be terribly frightening.

The signs that a girl is entering this stage of development include breast development, growth of hair under the arms and in self-identity the pubic area, increase in height and finally onset of menses. At this time, cultural and familial attitudes about menstruation are critical in impacting a girl's acceptance or rejection of this milestone in her life. Because of the rapid rate of change and accompanying sense of awkwardness, adolescents are often insecure and preoccupied with appearances, with a strong desire to behavioral genetics psychology be accepted by their peers. This stage is characterized by a heightened interest in and awareness of members of self-identity definition, the opposite dissociative disorder movies, sex. In the United States and in definition many other countries, young people begin to develop relationships during the teenage years. Over half of the students graduating from high school have been sexually active.

Many communities are working hard to Inequality: or Presence? teach abstinence before marriage but they are working against difficult odds especially when dating is viewed as normal, age-appropriate behavior. Yet, a primary task at this stage is to achieve a healthy, intimate relationship, which, for Muslims, can only exist in the context of marriage. Once women become sexually active, they then must deal with issues related to self-identity pregnancy, such as attitudes toward child-bearing, timing and spacing of behavioral genetics, children, and contraception. Ideally, decisions are made within a mutually supportive monogamous relationship. Also, during this time, sexual satisfaction as well as sexual dysfunction or incompatibility become important issues as part of an overall relationship and can contribute to its well being or be a source of tension and definition, stress. Historically, older women and men were considered asexual as aging and sexuality seemed incompatible.

Especially today, as women and men live well into their eighties, sexuality is still an Music Century important part of many people's lives. While some may experience a decreased sex drive, others do not notice any change at all. Early in life, children become aware of their sexuality even to the point that infants can experience sexual pleasure (see Your Baby and Child, P. Leach, p. 212). Infants develop awareness of the function and form of all body parts as they grow. To a child, the penis or vagina is just another part of the body, like arms and legs. The focus on the genitals is particularly evident during the self-identity, toilet training years. If a child is taught that her genitals are dirty and shameful , but she wants to explore them just the same, naturally she will feel ashamed and naughty if she does so. Therefore, early on she sees part of herself as negative. Most child development experts encourage parents to remain neutral about a child's interest in her genitals to avoid preoccupation with that body part and to enhance the thatcher, development of a positive sexual identity. As the child grows, it becomes important to teach her about self-identity definition, privacy and appropriate behavior when around others.

Oftentimes, parents fear that by not discouraging their children from genetics, touching themselves, they are encouraging them to explore sexuality at an early age. But teaching children to respect and understand their bodies will more positively impact their self image compared to emphasizing the definition, sense of shame ('ayb) that many children are taught. Such a sense of shame can be taken to extremes; for genetics psychology example, a mother refuses to apply necessary medication to her three year old daughter's vagina because to touch her there is 'ayb. Self-identity! Other girls are afraid to Punishment in the Milgram Obedience Essay cleanse their genitals properly because to touch themselves is 'ayb. Definition! The concept of shame or disgust regarding one's body has no basis in behavioral Islam. During adolescence, sexuality becomes of interest to self-identity definition young people as their bodies experience hormonal upheavals which result in physical and emotional changes.

Again, a girl's experience through childhood will influence her passage through this difficult time. If she is taught that the onset of menstruation is a curse, then her experience and coping mechanisms will be affected negatively. A positive attitude will enable a young woman to view it as a milestone, not a hindrance. Unfortunately, much folklore and process recording, negative cultural beliefs abound regarding a woman's menses. Indeed, for some women menstruation is a physically difficult, unwelcome disruption every month. But it is a simple biological process that can be managed like any other physical condition, and needn't impair a woman's ability to self-identity function. Several hadith exist regarding menstruation. The only Qur'anic reference is and becky thatcher, found in Surah 2, verse 222 where Muslims are told to definition avoid sexual intercourse during a woman's menses: And they will ask thee about (woman's) monthly courses. Say, 'It is a vulnerable condition. Keep, therefore, aloof from women during their monthly courses, and do not draw near unto them until they are cleansed; and when they are cleansed, go in unto them as God has bidden you to do.' In a hadith found in Muslim (No.

592, also reported in in the Experiment Sunan Abu Dawud, No, 258), a discussion occurs whereby the definition, Prophet emphasizes that the Islamic view of menstruation differs significantly from the Jewish attitude during his time, which strongly restricted women from several arenas while they were menstruating. In this hadith he says, Associate with them in process the houses and do everything except sexual intercourse. Aisha and the other wives of the Prophet were instrumental in pointing out his attitude of tolerance; for example, Maimuna recalled an self-identity occasion when she was sitting near him while he was praying. She happened to be menstruating and during his prayers he knelt on in the Milgram Experiment, her garment but did not displace it, meaning that being in the presence of a menstruating woman had no impact on his prayers ( Mishkat ul Masabih, No. 550; for other hadith along similar lines see Sunan Abu Dawud, Nos. 212-213, 267-273; Muslim, Nos. 269, 577-588 and Bukhari, Vol. 1, Nos. 293-300) Also, the Prophet commanded menstruating women and those observing purdah to participate in Eid festivities.

They sat behind those who prayed but joined in takbir ( Muslim, Nos. 1932-34; Bukhari, Vol.1, No. 321). Exemptions from definition, Rituals. Today, as in the time of the Prophet, women do not pray or fast while on their menses. The Qur'an does not address this practice at all; several hadith exist which expressly forbid women to pray while on Essay, their period. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Nos.

271-287, Bukhari, Vol.1., No.327). Several traditions show that menstruating women were not supposed to perform tawaf (circumambulation) around the Kaaba during Hajj while they were menstruating (Bukhari, Vol. Definition! 1, Nos. 302,321,325; al-Muwatta, 20.16) The menses were viewed as a temporary illness such that days not fasted had to be made up as any ill person would do after Ramadan. The Qur'an states that those who are ill or on a journey can desist from fasting and and becky thatcher, make the days up later (2:184). There are no hadith which expressly forbid women from fasting while menstruating, but based on the text from the following, one concludes that menstruating women did not fast: Aisha is reported to have said that during menstruation in the time of the Prophet, the definition, women were commanded to complete the in the Milgram Obedience Experiment, fast (abandoned during menses) but were not commanded to complete the (abandoned) prayer (Sunan Abu Dawud, Nos. Self-identity! 262-3, Muslim, Nos.

660-662). Women who have prolonged menses because of an tom sawyer underlying medical problem can resume prayers , fasting, and intercourse after a certain number of days (Sunan Abu Dawud, Nos. 274-306, Bukhari, Vol. Definition! 1, Nos. 303,306,322,324). In view of the verse mentioned above which admonishes against sexual intercourse with a menstruating woman in order to avoid causing her harm, the psychology, exemptions from the above-mentioned rituals could be viewed as an extension of God's consideration of women. Perhaps abstention from prayer and fasting during one's menses is a divine acknowledgement of women's increased difficulty during that period.

God gave them permission not to pray or fast as a sign of mercy, just as He allows travelers to shorten their prayers to ease their burden. Many Muslims believe that menstruating women are not allowed to enter the mosque or touch the Qur'an. This relates to the view of the menstruating woman as unclean. Self-identity Definition! Since she cannot be purified with ablution until after her menses stop, she is genetics psychology, not in the proper state to enter a mosque or recite Qur'an. Conflicting hadith exist regarding these habits.

When looking at definition the whole body of History of the Twentith, hadith regarding the subject of menstruation, it appears that many of the injunctions were made because of the physical problems associated with active bleeding. Women at that time did not have access to modern amenities which protect a woman and her garments from the self-identity definition, blood flow. One hadith points out that one of the or Presence? Essay, Prophet's wives (Um Salamah, who was having irregular bleeding) needed a dish underneath her to catch the menstrual blood while she was observing I'tikaf in the mosque during Ramadan (Bukhari No. 306, Sunan Abu Dawud, No. 2470, Muslim, No. 2470).

Therefore, practically speaking , women might have been restricted in their activities if they did not have the means to deal with a heavy period, for example. Self-identity Definition! Today, women have so many options so that there are rarely fears of such difficulties. In addition, the Prophet once asked Aisha to fetch his mat which was in the mosque. She said, But I am menstruating to which he replied Your menstruation is not in and becky thatcher your hand. (Sunan Abu Dawud, No. Self-identity! 261) However, another hadith exists which states that menstruating women should not enter the mosque: The Prophet is reported to have said, I do not make the mosque lawful for a menstruating woman and for a person who is junub. (Sunan Abu Dawud, No. 232) The act of not touching the Qur'an while menstruating is based on the hadith that the Prophet wrote a letter in which he said that no one should touch the Qur'an but one who is pure. (Mishkat-ul-Masabih, No. 465;). Also, in Surah 56, verses 77-79 we find: That this indeed is a Qur'an most honorable, in a Book well-guarded, which none shall touch but those who are clean (tahir).

In Mishkat-ul Masabih a hadith from Tirmidhi states that the Prophet said that the menstruating woman and one who is thatcher, junub should not recite anything from the Qur'an (No. 461). In general, since, in either of self-identity definition, these states, women or men are not yet physically purified (tahir) they cannot touch or formally recite the Qur'an until that state comes to an end. By performing ghusl (complete ablution) after the Punishment Essay, menses are over, one achieves the prerequisite physical state which allows for the resumption of definition, prayers, fasting, reciting Qur'an and History of the Twentith, sexual relations. This does not imply impurity of self-identity, spirit nor does it necessarily have to mean that a menstruating woman is unclean or dirty. The Prophet was known to perform ghusl after intercourse before reciting Qur'an, and Punishment in the Obedience Experiment Essay, he also would recite Qur'an while resting his head in Aisha's lap and she happened to be menstruating. (Mishkat, No.

460, Muslim, Nos. 260, 591) It is possible to understand why Muslims might view menses as a negative aspect of the female identity. Definition! A well known and oft-quoted hadith which leads to behavioral genetics psychology the conclusion that menstruating women neither prayed nor fasted is found in Bukhari with several versions: The Prophet is reported to definition have said, Isn't it true that a woman does not pray and tom sawyer and becky, does not fast on menstruating? And that is the defect in her religion (Vol. 3, No. 172, see also Vol. Self-identity! 1, No.

301). The conclusion usually derived from this hadith is that women can never achieve the same level of faith or spirituality as men because they cannot fulfill their religious duties all the recording, time. The weakness in this argument and therefore in the hadith is definition, that it contradicts the undisputed image expressed in the Qur'an of women and men as equal in terms of their duties and expectations as Muslims, servants of God. To say that one's faith is Inequality: Pretense Essay, determined only by self-identity, the extent to which she can carry out the rituals negates all of the other aspects of Essay, faithfulness and observance that cannot be quantified. God rewards or punishes according to deeds and intentions; how, then, can something that is biologically determined, not chosen or willed by the individual, serve as a measure of faith? Would God punish women for something that He created? Because this hadith is found in Bukhari, it is rarely questioned or reinterpreted and unfortunately reinforces a negative view of women in Islam.

The large volume of hadith regarding menstruation reflects the need for practical guidance on self-identity, the part of the Muslim community at the time of the Prophet. After reviewing all of the texts, one can't help but feel the burden of menstruation for the Muslim woman. Regardless of the behavioral genetics, deficiency hadith and in view of modern advances, Muslim women today can view menstruation as a simple fact of life that has no negative bearing on her value as a human being. Modern medicine has enabled us to manipulate the menstrual cycle in a myriad of ways so that women can continue to self-identity definition carry out behavioral genetics psychology, their activities without being disabled once a month. Indeed, many women take advantage of medical technology to definition avoid menstruating during Hajj which, for many, is truly a once in a lifetime event not to be missed because of Music of the Twentith Essay, bad timing. Virginity and the Hymen: The Double Standard. Throughout childhood and adolescence, girls are sometimes prohibited by their parents from self-identity definition, engaging in any activities that might interfere with the integrity of the hymen which is a small circular membrane at process the opening of the vagina which allows the passage of menstrual flow. The opening is self-identity definition, very narrow and is torn when penetration occurs (as in sexual intercourse). Process Recording! This is occasionally accompanied by bleeding.

Such blood loss has been required in some cultures to prove that the woman is a virgin at definition marriage so a blood stained cloth would be given to the groom's family on the wedding night to verify the tom sawyer, bride's pure state. If a woman did not bleed, the self-identity definition, repercussions could be severe. So it became vitally important that the hymen remain intact as a sign of virginity with the family's honor at stake. While many of the cultural traditions involving proof of a woman's virginity are less prevalent than in the past, one can still find a persistent concern about the hymen as a marker for virginity today throughout many parts of the Muslim world. History Of The Century Essay! (It should be noted that the concern about the hymen is not limited only to definition Muslims.) As a result, any activity that might cause tearing of the Punishment Essay, hymen would be forbidden, such as bicycle riding, horseback riding, gymnastics, etc. Unfortunately, the prohibitions against definition these activities are rarely accompanied by an explanation (most likely due to Pretense shyness on definition, the part of the parents); thus, the Punishment Experiment, young girl learns that because she is a girl she cannot participate in activities enjoyed by other children. Again, such an attitude promotes a negative self-image. These attitudes are culturally entrenched and not based on self-identity, Islam. While virginity of both men and women is emphasized in Islam, there is no text in Qur'an or Hadith which specifically addresses the intactness of recording example, any part of a woman's anatomy as a marker for self-identity definition virginity. As will be discussed in detail later, the Islamic position on movies, sexual behavior is explicit. Both men and women are required to be chaste and to seek fulfilling relationships in marriage. Consequently, pre- and extra-marital relations are prohibited (Qur'an, 17:32, 24:26, 25:68; Bukhari, Vol.

8, Nos. Definition! 798-802). Dissociative Disorder! Of course, then, there is no debate that Muslims, male and female, must be virgins before they enter into their first marriage. Each individual is responsible and accountable to God for self-identity maintaining a state of purity prior to matrimony. Why should a woman have to prove that she is a virgin with physical evidence, when the man is taken on process recording example, his word? Naturally, a woman who marries for the second or third time cannot give the same proof, meaning the status of the hymen is truly irrelevant for self-identity determining sexual purity. Thatcher! The hymen exists as a remnant of embryological development which serves no purpose physiologically speaking (K. L. Moore, The Developing Human).

If it tears because a girl goes bike riding or uses a tampon or even has a pelvic exam by a physician as part of an evaluation of a medical condition, must it then follow that she is no longer a virgin? The restriction against vaginal penetration applies to premarital sexual behavior with a member of the opposite sex. The prohibition against premarital sex exists because of multiple negative social, psychological and physical consequences that do not apply if the hymen is self-identity definition, torn by an act that does not involve sexual intercourse. An unfortunate consequence of focusing on process, the shamefulness of sexuality is the inability of definition, many women to enjoy a fulfilling sexual life once married. If a woman is process, taught from definition, childhood that her genitals are unclean, untouchable, and basically an area off limits, and if inadequate discussion takes place to prepare her for her first sexual experience, then naturally she would be horrified to imagine the penetration of that area by another person such as her husband. And if the first encounter is painful, the stage is set for inhibition and Inequality:, fear so that a fulfilling sexual relationship is practically impossible. Problems that ensue include the inability to consummate a marriage, vaginismus (spasm of the self-identity, vaginal muscles which causes pain and prevents penile penetration), dyspareunia (painful intercourse), and History of the Twentith Essay, the emotional and definition, psychological consequences for the individuals involved in the relationship.

Also, the strong sense of fear and Inequality: Pretense or Presence?, shame often prevents adequate medical evaluation during pelvic examinations because some women are unable to sufficiently relax even if they are married and self-identity, have already borne children. While our religion stresses the importance of mutual sexual satisfaction between marriage partners, negative cultural factors can prevent such an outcome. Dissociative Identity! By educating children and young adults properly about sexuality, and by eliminating the features or habits which contribute to self-identity a negative self-image, and by focusing on the positive language found regarding these issues in Islamic literature women and men will be able to enjoy a fulfilling sexual relationship in marriage that is each person's right. Sexuality in Qur'an and and becky, Hadith. The references to sexuality found in Qur'an and hadith will now be discussed. In the following verse, men and women are referred to as the garments of one another, implying a sense of balance and mutual nurturance from definition, one to the other. It is lawful for you to go in unto your wives during the night preceding the (day's) fast: they are as a garment for you, and you are as a garment for them. God is aware that you would have deprived yourselves of this right, and so He has turned unto you in His mercy and removed this hardship from Punishment in the Milgram Essay, you. Now, then, you may lie with them skin to skin, and avail yourselves to that which God has ordained for you.(2:187) Also, by reviewing this and the verses below one appreciates the fact that sexual relations are sanctioned by self-identity, God and genetics, are viewed as part of the self-identity, spiritual relationship that exists between a husband and wife. As mentioned earlier, the Qur'an specifically prohibits intercourse during a woman's period (2:222) to avoid causing her discomfort.

In verse 223 of the same Surah, the Qur'an says: Your wives are your tilth; go, then, unto your tilth as you may desire, but first provide something for your souls, and remain conscious of God, and know that you are destined to meet Him. Tom Sawyer Thatcher! And give glad tidings unto those who believe. Based on definition, these verses and some hadith, Muslim couples are encouraged to enjoy sexual relations in any manner the two prefer. Recording! The only prohibitions involve avoiding intercourse while a woman is menstruating, and avoiding anal penetration (Muslim, No.3365); this explains the text in the verse mentioned above since it was revealed when one of the Sahaba was concerned about having sexual intercourse from behind. He was worried that he committed a sin.

So the Prophet said that any position was lawful as long as anal penetration did not occur. Therefore, if the self-identity, couple is mutually agreeable, no other restrictions apply. Inequality: Or Presence? Essay! Other verses that address sexuality focus on the unlawfulness of extra-marital sexual relationships which will be discussed later. Sexual Rights of the Wife. Several hadith also address the issue of sexual satisfaction with reference to the wife's rights in this matter. The Prophet advised Abdullah bin Amr bin Al-As (who spent all day fasting and all night in prayer) to fast sometimes and not at other times; to pray at night and to sleep at night. Definition! Your body has a right over you, your eyes have a right over you and your wife has a right over you. (Bukhari, Vol.7, No. 127) The wife's rights include a right to Inequality: or Presence? Essay companionship from her husband and fulfillment of her sexual needs. A woman's satisfaction is particularly referred to in the interpretation of the hadiths which discuss penile withdrawal as a method of contraception. One stipulation is that the woman must consent because such a practice could interfere with her sexual fulfillment to which she is entitled.

Also, if she desires to bear children, coitus interruptus practiced by her husband would violate that right as well. This viewpoint is based on a hadith transmitted by definition, Umar ibn-al-Khattab who said that the Prophet forbade the in the Obedience Experiment, practice of coitus interruptus with a woman except with her permission This reference is found in Sex and Society in Islam, by B. F. Musallam who also points out that this hadith was considered weak by some Medieval jurists (see also al-Muwatta, 29.34, No. 100). Nevertheless, the position regarding the woman's right to orgasm was developed over time by several Muslim jurists during the same period (Busallam, Chapter 2 and footnotes). Also, one undisputed justification for divorce on behalf of the self-identity definition, wife is process example, her sexual dissatisfaction. The most explicit discussions of sexual relations with respect to fulfilling the wife's needs are found in the Book on the Etiquette of Marriage, part of self-identity definition, Abu Hamid Al-Ghazali's larger work, Revival of the Religious Sciences (Ihya Ulum al-Din), written in the eleventh century. Milgram! In spite of some of his comments that are generally disparaging of women, he argues forcefully regarding the wife's right to sexual fulfillment. He quotes the Prophet as saying, Let none of you come upon his wife like an animal, let there be an emissary between them. When asked what is the emissary, he replied, The kiss and sweet words. In another hadith, the Prophet points out that one of the deficiencies of a man is that he should approach his wife and have sexual contact with her before exchanging words and caresses, consequently, he sleeps with her and fulfills his needs (i.e. orgasm) before she fulfills hers. Al-Ghazali further elaborates on the importance of a woman achieving orgasm by stating, Congruence in attaining a climax is more gratifying to her because the man is not preoccupied with his own pleasure, but rather with hers.

Rights of the Husband. The sexual rights of the husband are also elucidated in the traditions, but the language is such that it appears that his rights supersede those of his wife. For example, in Bukhari, AbuHuraira reports that the Prophet said, If a man invites his wife to sleep with him and she refuses, then the definition, angels send their curses on her till morning. (Vol. 7, No. 121-2; in Muslim, the text reads that God is displeased with her until the husband is pleased with her Nos. 3366-68). In Riyadh-us-Salaheen, a hadith attributed to genetics psychology Tirmidhi and self-identity definition, Nisai states that the Prophet said, When a man sends for his wife for the satisfaction of his need, she should go to him even if she may be occupied in Experiment Essay baking bread. (No. 284) Similarly, Muslim women are advised not to fast without the permission of their husbands since fasting would interfere with sexual relations (Sunan Abu Dawud, Nos. 2452-3; Muslim, Nos.

3366-68; Bukhari, Vol.7, No. 120). Clearly, Islamic literature stresses the importance of the sexual relationship between a husband and wife, but the above traditions seem to show that the husband's right to self-identity have sex is more important than the wife's right of refusal if she is not willing for Punishment Milgram Essay whatever reason. The only time she can refuse intercourse, then, is during menstruation. The verse (2:222) commands Muslims to self-identity avoid sex during that time because it may be associated with discomfort on the part of the woman. A logical conclusion would be that sexual relations are better avoided for any circumstances (physical or otherwise) that would lead to discomfort. A common view of sex is that the stronger sexual urges of men (compared to women) can be controlled only to Inequality: or Presence? Essay a certain extent; according to definition some, this justifies the practice of polygamy even though the Qur'an makes no mention of sexual desires in the verses on polygamy (4:3-5). Also, the same argument is made to justify forcing women to have sex against their will, as they are forbidden to refuse to have sexual relations. Since the tom sawyer and becky, husband's urges are so strong, and to prevent him from acting out on them illicitly, a wife's duty therefore is to definition submit in order to preserve the marriage.

Yet, human beings are endowed with self control not seen in any other species, such that we do not act on every instinctual impulse because of some uncontrollable force. History Century! This is what distinguishes humankind since God gave us the ability to think and make choices. Therefore, there is no justification for forcing women to have sex against self-identity their will, even in marriage. One does not find any traditions that show the Prophet as an aggressive or coercive husband. Similarly, behavior involving coercion and force goes against the philosophy of mutual satisfaction outlined in the Qur'an (see verses above) and against the hadith which states that the best among Muslims are those who are best towards their wives (Riyadh-us-Salaheen, No. 278). Also, the Prophet expressed his strong disapproval of those who physically beat their wives and genetics, then had sexual relations that night (Bukhari, Vol.

7, No. 132, Vol.9, 81-82; see also Riyadh us-Salaheen, No. 274). The example of the Prophet clearly reveals that he and definition, his wives enjoyed physical affection not necessarily related to intercourse thus reflecting an attitude of loving behavior in a variety of circumstances. Based on the hadith transmitted by his wives (particularly regarding physical intimacy while they were menstruating), this behavior included kissing, caressing, embracing and bathing together. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Nos. 267-273, 2376-2379; Muslim, Nos. 577-586, 629)

Husbands and wives should strive to in the Milgram Obedience Experiment satisfy one another's sexual needs as much as possible. This can be achieved by honest, open discussions; care, kindness and a desire to please one another. Viewing sexual intimacy as an important part of the relationship will enable a couple to achieve mutual satisfaction that enhances the overall success of the marriage. Clearly, coercion and lack of consideration for one's spouses feelings will result in tension that can have negative effects on the rest of the self-identity, relationship. Unfortunately, if a Muslim woman is raised to abhor and fear any matters related to sex, then in most instances of sexual contact she would be a passive and Music of the Twentith, perhaps unwilling participant, and definitely not one who derives pleasure from sex. Also, the general view of sex as a shameful and dirty act contributes to inhibitions of both men and women, preventing them from enjoying an act sanctioned by God. The following hadith highlights the importance of self-identity definition, privacy in sexual relationships: the Prophet is reported to have said, The most wicked among the people in the sight of God on the Day of Judgement is the man who goes to his wife and she comes to Music of the Twentith Century him, and then he divulges her secret. (Muslim, Nos. 3369-70). Consequently, Muslims would be very unlikely to discuss matters of self-identity, their sexual lives outside of the home.

By keeping sexual issues private, the couple ensures mutual respect and avoids the chances of violating trust by divulging personal tastes and Music of the, practices to others. However, this attitude would also prevent couples from seeking necessary help, thus diminishing opportunities for alleviating any problems related to sexual dysfunction. Consultations with professionals, such as physicians, would not violate the code of privacy, and could help the individual or couple in matters that significantly impact the marriage. Sex Outside of Marraige. As mentioned earlier, the Qur'an specifically prohibits sexual acts outside of marriage (zina). Interestingly, the text does not go into detail to explain why such behavior is sinful. The verses which mention illicit sexual relations do so while admonishing Muslims to avoid other grave sinful deeds such as murder and stealing (Qur'an 25:68, 60:12). Muslims acknowledge and believe in Divine wisdom which is understood, to some extent, by the application of common sense and self-identity definition, an exploration of the ramifications of behavioral genetics psychology, fornication and adultery which include but are not limited to unwanted pregnancy, transmission of sexually transmitted diseases, negative emotional and psychological consequences, and physical intimacy without emotional commitment.

In addition to Qur'an, numerous hadith exist which point out that zina is considered a major sin (Bukhari, Vol.7, No. 148; Vol. 8, Nos. 798-802). The issue of extramarital sexual relations takes on even more profound importance because laws exist in Islamic jurisprudence which outline the punishment (hadd) for this behavior which is considered a sex crime. Definition! Clearly, the threat of punishment authorized by God serves as a very effective deterrent for Punishment Essay illicit sexual behavior which results in self-identity negative social consequences beyond those experienced by the couple in and becky thatcher question. Even though the text is self-identity, clear regarding the unlawfulness of dissociative, zina, the following references point out how difficult it is to accuse someone of such a crime. According to definition the Qur'an, those who accuse another of example, zina are required to produce four eyewitnesses of the act of genital penetration (meaning the act of intercourse would practically have to be committed in public view). Self-identity! According to hadith, other incriminating evidence include confession and pregnancy (Bukhari, Vol. 8, No. 816; Sunan Abu Dawud, No.

4518; Muslim, No. 4194). While the seriousness of the crime is recording example, not in self-identity definition question, the dissociative movies, Prophet himself demonstrated reluctance in reacting to accusations and even confessions without giving individuals the opportunity to avoid punishment and repent to God, with the hopes of avoiding punishment in the hereafter as well. In addition, the Prophet himself advised the believers not to make public their misbehaviors. When a man came to confess that he had been with a woman and did everything except sexual intercourse, Omar ibn al Khattab said, Allah has concealed your fault; it would have been better if you had concealed it yourself. The Prophet then quoted the verse, And be constant in praying at the beginning and the end of the day. for, verily, good deeds drive away evil deeds: this is a reminder to definition all who bear (God) in mind. (11:114). In addition, the Qur'an elsewhere clearly stresses the Inequality: Pretense or Presence?, importance of self-identity, sincerely repenting as God is ever merciful (4:15-16). Several hadith refer to recording example an instance in which the self-identity definition, Prophet tried to give a man the opportunity to recording example avoid punishment. Maiz ibn Malik came to the Prophet insisting on self-identity definition, confessing his sin of fornication with a slavegirl. The Prophet responded by turning away from him, then insisted that the couple must have just looked at each other, or only embraced or kissed; but Maiz persisted with his confession of actual intercourse. The Prophet gave him ample opportunity to conceal his sin, and repent privately with the hopes of receiving God's forgiveness.

Yet, Maiz also knew that punishment in this life would replace the possible punishment awaiting in the Hereafter. Dissociative! So upon acknowledgement and self-identity definition, confession of fornication, the Prophet ordered the punishment. (Bukhari, Vol. 8, Nos. 806, 810, 812-14; Sunan Abu Dawud, No. 4413). A similar story involves a pregnant woman who also wanted to confess and in the Experiment, receive punishment. Again, the Prophet first told her to Go back to her tribe, but she returned again wishing to confess. The Prophet told her to go back until the child was born.

She returned again with the infant and he told her to suckle him until you wean him. She returned when the boy was weaned, again confessing fully, resulting in the prescribed punishment. (Sunan Abu Dawud, No. 4428). For a couple (or individual) convicted of zina, the punishment would be harsh. According to the Qur'an , 100 lashes for each (24:2). In several hadith collections, the punishment of stoning to death is described for those guilty of adultery. This divergence is significant because stoning resulted in self-identity death while flogging did not.. The Qur'an does not distinguish between fornication and adultery but uses one word to describe both, zina. Behavioral Genetics! Belief in the Qur'an as the final word would argue that the use of stoning to death instead of flogging is inappropriate; indeed a hadith in self-identity Bukhari states that a transmitter of Pretense or Presence?, one of the stoning hadiths did not know if stoning was practiced before or after the revelation of the above Qur'anic verse (Vol. .8, No. 804).

Interestingly, both Bukhari and Muslim report a hadith transmitted by Ibn Abbas who narrated that Umar ibn al-Khattab feared that in future times Muslims would not use stoning as punishment because it is not mentioned in the Qur'an. But he spoke to confirm the obligation of its use as punishment for proven cases of adultery. (Bukhari, Vol.8, No. 816; Muslim, No. 4194). All of these issues dealing with punishment must be reviewed by modern Islamic jurists to develop laws (in those countries where Islamic law is applied) that incorporate the Islamic principles of justice, due process and compassion.

In countries where Muslims live as minorities (where Islamic law does not prevail), these punishments cannot be carried out by zealous individuals or communities who may feel that they are required to carry out God's law in spite of the prevailing legal system. Yet, the system of Islamic jurisprudence must guarantee basic rights of individuals accused of serious crimes: these rights cannot possibly be upheld without a court system with checks and balances to ensure enforcement of the self-identity, law while respecting the Punishment Obedience, rights of individuals. The main point is self-identity definition, that, while the punishment for behavioral genetics psychology zina is severe and self-identity, extreme, the requirements for proof of guilt are so strict that the chances of one actually being convicted and then punished are very small. Thus the individual Muslim who commits such acts in Punishment Obedience private, without fear of retribution should pay heed to the following verses: Verily, God's acceptance of repentance relates only to those who do evil out of ignorance and then repent before their time runs out. And it is they unto whom God will turn again in His mercy - for God is self-identity, all-knowing, wise; whereas repentance shall not be accepted from those who do evil deeds until their dying hour and dissociative disorder, then say, Behold I now repent; nor from those who die as deniers of truth; it is these for whom We have readied grievous suffering.(4:17-18) While it may seem obvious to some, the definition of zina is not without controversy. Again, using the hadith mentioned above(Bukhari, Vol. 8, No.

806, etc.), the Prophet did not consider Maiz ibn Malek of a crime until he confessed of actual sexual intercourse involving penile penetration. This does not mean that other behaviors such as kissing, heavy petting, oral sex are not prohibited but that the requirements needed to justify a harsh punishment are strict. Obviously, many couples can engage in all of definition, these activities without being exposed to witnesses and thus avoid punishment in this life. But they still must answer to God who, in behavioral genetics psychology no uncertain terms, admonishes against any sexual contact outside of marriage. False Accusations and Honor. If a husband accuses his wife of adultery by swearing four times and she denies any wrongdoing under oath, then she is vindicated (Qur'an 24:6-9).

According to Muhammad Asad (footnote 10, Surah 24) the definition, same applies if a woman accuses her husband. If the identity movies, accusation is found to self-identity definition be false the punishment of the accuser is severe: And as for those who accuse chaste women (of adultery), and then are unable to Inequality: produce four witnesses (in support of thier accusation), flog them with eighty s stripes; an ever after refuse to definition accept from them any testimony- since it is they, they that are truly depraved!- excepting only those who afterwards repent and made amends for, behold, God is much-forgiving, a dispenser of tom sawyer, grace. Self-identity Definition! And as for those who accuse their own wives, but have no witnesses except themselves, let each of Pretense Essay, these (accusers) call God four times to witness that he is indeed telling the self-identity, truth, and the fifth time, that God's curse be upon him if he is telling a lie. (As for the wife, all) chastisement shall be averted from her by her calling God four times to witness that he is indeed telling a lie, and the fifth (time), that God's curse be upon her if she is behavioral psychology, telling the self-identity definition, truth . Music Twentith Century! (24:4-8) These verses were revealed in response to accusations against self-identity Aisha, the Prophet's wife, who was left behind the caravan when she went looking for a lost necklace. A young soldier happened upon her and escorted her to behavioral genetics psychology the camp where they arrived the following day. Rumors about sexual misconduct spread, causing great upheaval and self-identity definition, emotional distress in the household of the Prophet.

The above verses point out disorder, that a woman's word to swear to her innocence is self-identity, sufficient to both preserve her reputation and result in punishment of her accusers. Process Recording Example! The following verse admonishes the community for not questioning the rumors and giving Aisha, the self-identity, accused, the benefit of the disorder, doubt: Why do not the believing men and women, whenever such (a rumor) is heard, think the best of one another and self-identity definition, say, 'This is an obvious falsehood'. and Music History of the Century Essay, were it not for self-identity definition God's favor upon you, and His grace in this world and in the life to come, awesome suffering would indeed have afflicted you in Inequality: Pretense or Presence? Essay result of definition, all (the calumny) in which you indulge when you take it up with your tongues, uttering with your mouths something of which you have no knowledge, and deeming it a light matter whereas in the sight of God it is an awful thing. Verily, as for those who like (to hear)foul slander spread against (any of) those who have attained to faith - grievous suffering awaits them in this world and in the life to come: for Punishment Milgram God knows (the full truth), whereas you know (it) not (24:12-19). Slander is considered a grave offense since it taints the self-identity, reputation of individuals and thatcher, disrupts relationships The verses, while referring to Aisha's particular case, universally applied, serve to protect women from self-identity, any unfair accusations about their chastity. Music History Of The Century Essay! Unfortunately in many communities throughout the Muslim world the, honor of the entire family is caught up in and determined by the reputation of the female members, who can be accused of sexual misconduct, even if it is self-identity definition, only suspected. As is clear from the above verses, singling out women for punishment based only on accusations or assumptions has no basis in Islam. Even if a woman is dissociative identity movies, accused of fornication, and she denies the accusation, no punishment is carried out (Sunan Abu Dawud, No.

4451). Thus, even the suggestion of misbehavior (usually acts other than intercourse) cannot possibly serve as evidence of wrongdoing to Islamically justify retribution (such as honor killings) on the part of the woman's family. The sin of false accusations and the focus on absolving the one who is falsely accused has become problematic regarding the self-identity definition, punishment of rape. If a woman accuses a man of raping her and Punishment Obedience Essay, he denies that he did, she is basically confessing to illicit sexual contact and therefore punishable. This is even more problematic if the woman has no other evidence besides her testimony. Definition! This is the current state of affairs in Pakistan where rape victims are punished for the crime committed against Music of the Century them. According to Imam Malik, if a man is convicted of rape, he receives the punishment as mentioned for zina and self-identity definition, also must pay a mahr (bride-price) to the victim (al-Muwatta, 36.16).

Imam Malik also states that if an Punishment Experiment Essay unmarried woman is pregnant and claims to have been raped, unless there is physical evidence, she is definition, presumed to be guilty of fornication and therefore punished (al-Muwatta, 41.4). Again, based on earlier interpretations, the woman is made to suffer for a crime committed by process recording, another because the focus is erroneously on the sexual act and not on rape as an act of violence. Rather than viewing the act of sex as the issue requiring jurisdiction, the judges should view rape as an act of self-identity definition, violence perpetrated against an unwilling victim who cannot be considered guilty of a sex crime. Along the lines of sexual behavior arises the issue of homosexuality about which the Islamic position is clear. Based on of the Century, numerous verses in the Qur'an which refer to Prophet Lot and the sins committed by his community, one concludes that homosexual relations are prohibited. (7:80-84, 11:77-83, 15:57-77, 26:160-175, 27:54-58, 29:28-35)) Again, the Qur'an does not go into great detail to explain why; and again Muslims first accept God's wisdom and self-identity definition, then apply reason to come to an understanding. The most basic argument is that homosexual behavior is ultimately detrimental to the survival of Inequality: or Presence?, thehuman race. Also, it is contrary to self-identity the Islamic position of the of the Twentith, importance of the bond between husbands and self-identity definition, wives which is a goal for which Muslims are encouraged to strive. Pretense Or Presence?! (based on a well known hadith that marriage is half of one's religion.) Like zina, punishment has been described for those who are found to engage in homosexual acts. The Qur'an is somewhat vague on the issue of punishment. The only verse which alludes to this behavior again calls for four witnesses to confirm the immoral conduct (fahishah) between two women or two men; if they are found guilty, they are to be punished, but if they repent they are to be left alone (4:15-16).

The type of punishment is not defined. Self-identity! The hadith are more specific. In Sunan Abu Dawud, Ibn Abbas reported that the Prophet said if anyone is found doing as Lot's people did, to tom sawyer kill the definition, one who does it (sodomy) and to whom it is done (No. 4447). In the footnote to this hadith it is pointed out that the jurists differed in opinion regarding how the Pretense or Presence?, punishment would be carried out. Self-identity Definition! Basically, homosexual acts are considered illicit and if verified by witnesses or confession, then the individuals would be punished like those who commit zina. What occurs in private is behavioral psychology, between individuals who are ultimately accountable to God. Naturally, sexual feelings can arise for people who are not yet married.

An oft quoted hadith advises fasting to help quell the sexual appetite (Bukhari, Vol. Self-identity Definition! 3, No. 129). For some this may not really help. But feelings of frustration do not justify acting them out with someone outside of the marital relationship. Therefore, one could argue for in the Milgram Experiment Essay the benefit of masturbation which would relieve the frustration and prevent illicit sexual contact (see Musallam, p.33 and Qaradawi, pp. 170-1). Definition! According to Al-Qaradawi in The Lawful and Prohibited in tom sawyer and becky thatcher Islam, the majority of self-identity definition, scholars consider masturbation haram (forbidden). Movies! But, he does point out that the self-identity, Hanbali jurists permit masturbation for those afraid of committing fornication or adultery or for those without the identity disorder movies, means to marry.

While the value of family and raising children is self-identity, undisputed among most Muslims, it is well known that contraception is permitted and can be practiced for a variety of movies, reasons at the discretion of the couple. This is self-identity definition, consistent with the view that the purpose of sexual behavior between husband and wife is not limited to procreation. The Prophet did not prohibit contraception (the withdrawal method or coitus interruptus practiced at the time) and did not mention any stipulations in behavioral psychology any of the hadith except one mentioned earlier which refers to the importance of obtaining the wife's consent before practicing withdrawal. Similarly, use of female controlled methods, such as the birth control pill, would require the husband's consent in consideration of his desires for self-identity bearing children. (Bukhari, Vol. 7, Nos. 135-6; Muslim, Nos. 3371-88; al-Muwatta, 29.34) While withdrawal was the History Essay, method practiced during the Prophet's time, by analogy, contraception by the means available today is self-identity definition, also permitted. In almost every hadith that discusses withdrawal ('azl) the Prophet is reported to dissociative identity have said that even if it is self-identity definition, practiced, if God intends a child to be born she/he will be born. Although the methods used today for contraception are very effective, not a single one provides 100% assurance that pregnancy will not occur; so, as always, God's will prevails when He so ordains a matter such as conception.

Some Muslims argue that sterilization of men or women is not allowed as a method of contraception because it alters the human body. They use the hadith which admonish against altering one's features for cosmetic reasons (Y. Al-Qaradawi, The Lawful and Prohibited in Islam, pp. 88-9). Surgery done for beautification is clearly not the same as that done for contraception so the connection is Pretense or Presence?, flawed at best, and self-identity, does not offer a convincing argument against tom sawyer thatcher sterilization. Like the other monotheistic religions, Islam prohibits the taking of the life of self-identity, another human being without just cause (i.e. in self-defense, see 5:32) Therefore the question arises, at what point in gestation does the fetus become a human, such that to remove it would be described as murder. The debate in modern Western society centers around the issue of choice. Behavioral Genetics! Since the pregnancy is part of the woman's body, she has the right to make decisions regarding the outcome. On the other hand, the fetus is self-identity definition, a potential human being who has rights of her/his own, one of them being the right to life.

By the early third trimester, when an infant born can survive outside of the womb, to terminate a pregnancy is thatcher, considered illegal. Prior to that stage of gestation, the fetus definitely cannot survive, therefore, it is not yet considered a human being . Others believe that the fetus's status as a human begins at self-identity conception. In spite of the positions of the major jurists, many Muslims today ( and some earlier jurists) believe that abortion is unlawful under any circumstances unless the woman's life is thatcher, endangered by the pregnancy. Modern technology (not available to early jurists) enables the physician to see the beating heart of definition, a 21 day old embryo; whether the Music of the Twentith Century Essay, embryo qualifies as a person is really only known by God. Many feel that life and the human spirit are present at conception meaning pregnancy termination at any stage would involve the unlawful taking of a life ( see Islamic Perspectives in Obstetrics and Gynecology, by Dr. Hassan Hathout, pp. 61-78 ). Self-identity Definition! While some modern day scholars also feel that the fetus' right to life prevails even in cases of thatcher, incest or rape, others consider those situations exceptional and think abortion is allowed to preserve the emotional and psychological well-being of the woman. Female Genital Mutilation. Since female genital mutilation (FGM , known also as female circumcision). is a custom among some Muslims, the Islamic position must be made clear. This practice which involves varying degrees of mutilation (from removing the clitoris to removing all labia and sewing the vagina to such an extent that only a small opening exists to allow passage of menstrual blood) presumably is performed to limit the sexual activity of women . By eliminating their ability to experience orgasm , they will be less likely to self-identity definition misbehave before or during marriage.

This practice pre-dated Islam and Music Century Essay, is currently a custom in a few Muslim countries, particularly in Africa. Only one hadith exists which specifically addresses FGM. In Sunan Abu Dawud, Um Atiya said that the Prophet told a woman who performed circumcision in Medina to not cut severely as that is better for self-identity definition a woman and Punishment Essay, more desirable for a husband (No. 5251). According to self-identity definition Abu Dawud, this is genetics, a weak hadith (mursal).

In the footnote of this hadith, the self-identity, translator, Ahmad Hasan, points out that all of the major scholars maintained that FGM was recommended (but to what degree was not specified). As mentioned throughout this chapter, focusing on sexuality in a positive manner can be a difficult task for Muslims. Cultural views of women in general, fear of committing and genetics, being punished for sin, and the use of sex as a means of self-identity definition, domination have all contributed to the silence and repression that prevent people from being comfortable with their sexuality as individuals and in relationships. Through education and understanding, a more positive approach can lead to a better outcome. Teaching children to accept their bodies and sexuality contributes to identity developing strong self-esteem which is a major determinant of self-identity, future sexual activity. Young people, particularly women, with low self-esteem are more likely to engage in sexual behavior at a young age. Fostering self-esteem occurs mainly within the family unit and also in schools and Inequality: Pretense, society at large. Informing children and young adults about the changes that occur as they grow and then teaching them about developing healthy relationships with others is possible through formalized educational settings (especially if the parents feel too uncomfortable discussing sexuality.) Also, a willingness on the part of adults to answer questions openly and to discuss difficult issues such as homosexualty or sexually transmitted diseases will enable young adults to approach their parents and educators and therefore be less likely to obtain inaccurate information from their peers or the media. The Prophet was well-known for his frankness in discussing all issues, including those related to sex and sexual development.

In one hadith, he is asked by a woman if, when a woman has an orgasm while asleep (during dreaming), does she have to perform complete ablution (ghusl) prior to doing her prayers. The Prophet answered that she does because such an experience is akin to the nocturnal emissions of men which require ghusl. (Muslim, Nos. 607-613; Bukhari, Vol.1, No. 280) This is a well known hadith which shows that the early Muslims felt no inhibition about addressing the Prophet about definition, sensitive issues such as female orgasm (see also Muslim, No. 649). Punishment In The Milgram Obedience! Muslims today must follow the example of the Prophet to self-identity use wisdom and beautiful preaching to talk to one another and their children about all matters. Teaching about Punishment Milgram Experiment, sexuality from an Islamic perspective is necessary for Muslim young people who are growing up in a society full of tremendous pressures. Regarding menstruation, it is important to teach our daughters that this is definition, a special part of development that signals the onset of adulthood and possible future child-bearing. A supportive attitude by parents is essential as girls struggle to deal with a change that may leave them feeling uncomfortable and process example, sometimes embarrassed. Pre-adolescents are usually preoccupied with the opinions of their peers.

So, a Muslim girl who isn't praying or fasting because it is definition, that time of the month naturally feels exposed and maybe even isolated. Again, this points to the importance of teaching respect to all children to minimize the potential for hurt feelings and dissociative identity disorder movies, shame. Also, discussing this in appropriate sex education courses for young Muslims enables them to be educated and informed so that mature attitudes will be engendered among boys and girls. One could argue that the strong language found in the Qur'an and Hadith against unlawful sex contributes to a negative attitude regarding sex in self-identity general. Indeed, fear of retribution is often used to discourage young adults from engaging in premarital sexual behavior, thus contributing to inhibition, guilt and recording example, repression that interfere with healthy sexuality in marriage. Definition! Muslims must be willing to discuss these issues openly with their children to point out the and becky, wisdom of definition, postponing sexual behavior until marriage and to focus on all of the positive aspects that a healthy sexual relationship contributes to Music History of the Twentith Century Essay that union.

Rules without explanation only stimulate a young person's curiosity and interest in risky behavior that is glorified by the media and often practiced by one's peers. Also, when instilled with a strong sense of self-identity, self esteem and identity, young people are better equipped to deal with the pressures they face particularly during adolescence when many of behavioral psychology, their friends are experimenting sexually.